Samstag, 27. Juli 2013

Bagel Foot

I once saw this episode of Taboo on National Geographic that was all about bizarre body modifications, and the weirdest one of all was the "bagel head" phenomenon.  What they do is attach a saline drip to the fool's expressive individual's forehead and pump it in until a big bump forms, much like you'd imagine would be created by vigorous facepalming. Then, with a finger, an indent is pushed into the middle of the bump. The end result: the recipient looks like she or he has had a bagel implanted in their forehead, at least for a few hours until their bodies can absorb all the saline. Great success!

Watch it for yourself here:



I bring it up because yesterday I realized that I can do the same thing with my enormously swollen feet! And just when I thought that there was no upside to this condition, too. BEHOLD (the spots on my foot, by the way, are psoriasis, because I'm not allowed to take my usual meds because pregnant... it's awesome):



Now I know how EYE'LL be spending my Saturday. And you?

P.S. I had to go to the hospital again yesterday for yet another scan (all's well), and spoke to the head doctor about inducing labor. Basically she said I should show up on Tuesday morning with a car seat, cashew nuts and a suitcase full of giant underpants because I'm not leaving again without a baby. Thank Gof for clarity. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen