Mittwoch, 7. August 2013

Moo! Happy World Breastfeeding Week

A single, devastating event has destroyed my laptop and my productivity, such as it was, has been pretty well shattered for the moment. Oh, and we had a baby. That's kind of taken a chunk of time out of my day, too. 

At the moment our little darling has one hobby only: boob. She is really into it. And there is but one person in all the land who is properly equipped to assist. I'm her jet skis, her stamp collection, her paintbrush, her snorkel...you
I'm udderly adorable!
get the picture.  

When I come near this child, her whole demeanor changes. Her tiny eyes open and her invisible eyebrows shoot up. She stares at my chest. Her baby bird mouth opens wide and her face begins a slow, seeking rotation,gawping and grasping like a wee leech in the grass. Once her targets are within docking distance she starts gurgling and punching herself in the face. It's so cute! 

Breastfeeding is kind of painful and exhausting, but it is also poetic and a beautiful way to get to know my daughter, so when I'm not busy doing silent screams of agony I quite enjoy it. 

Moreover, being objectified by anyone is a welcome change of pace. I just spent several months being exceptionally round and puffy, and now I look like a deflated orangutang  - except for my tremendous jet skis, of course - so it's nice that at least one person appreciates me for nothing more than my anatomy. 

P.S. Hope you had a glamorous World Breastfeeding Week

1 Kommentar:

  1. If you're still sore breast-feeding it's worth seeing if you can get some help with positioning. My first & third (you'd think I'd have it sussed by then!) children were really sore to feed until someone said "If you hold the baby about 2cm further in that direction you'll feel much better" and "how about another! pillow just here" etc... Once you can manage to feed the baby one handed and drive the computer with the other then you're sorted :-)

    AntwortenLöschen