Montag, 24. Februar 2014

Floor Swimming

So what have I been up to lately, you ask?

A little work, a little play, but the short answer is that I've been up to nothing. Yet I've been oddly busy. Not in a bad way, just a busy way. 

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you feel like you did the army crawl through a mud-drenched obstacle course and then, at the very end, you got hosed down with elephant dung? This wasn't one of them. This was just one of those weeks on the hamster wheel, where you do one little thing you have to do and then another and then another and the next thing you know, you're a week closer to death and no more fulfilled than you were last Monday, and you still haven't done the things you really meant to do. And now it's Tuesday and I've caught the sniffles. 

The good news is that while I was busy chasing my tail, young Noodle was moving in better circles, namely floor circles. For a couple weeks now she's been wheeling around on her belly like a top*. Progress was marginal until yesterday morning's nap. When she awoke she could propel herself forwards with her fingertips and tippy toes. Ladies and gentleman, McNoodle has achieved locomotion. Crawling ahoy! 



Hope you're achieving great things this week. And I'll be cheerier tomorrow. *Sniff*

* I haven't seen anyone playing with a top in years and in all my recent visits to diverse toy stores I have not seen a single top. I haven't even thought about toy tops (or semi-professional tops, for that matter) in years. Do they even do tops any more? 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen