Dienstag, 17. September 2013

Nava Gets a Gift

Hooray! My good old friend Denia is in town. I don't get to see her much because she lives in California where she does brilliant nuclear stuff and where I assume she and her colleagues gossip about quarks and Snapchat with Nobel Prize winners. 

Anyway, because Denia is lovely and still condescends to speak to the likes of me, we had a great time chit chatting and playing with the baby, and then Denia and I went out for a walk (and by walk I mean she waited with me at my gynaecologist's office, because that's the kind of stellar feminist friend she is). We talked about literature, meditation, iron-rich vegetables and the recent work of a transgendered Stanford professor of neurobiology. Actually, she talked about those things. I talked about baby poop and my episiotomy. 

Unfortunately, however, Denia was generous enough to bring young Nava a lovely baby book as a gift. Predictably, it is about rainbows. It opens with the sentence: "Little Rabbit and his mother were sitting under a big, red flower petal." You see, that's where they were waiting for the rain to stop. 


Denia and Nava. Looks like Nava just finished reading her new book!
The book is about what rainbows are made of. I always thought rainbows were made of light refracted through tiny water drops suspended in the atmosphere, but apparently that's wrong. It turns out rainbows are made out of RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE and PURPLE.

Thanks a lot for this super educational book, Denia. I thought you were a scientist. 

Okay, actually the book is really cute and has this whole thing with pop-out ribbons that build into a rainbow. And Denia is a wonderful person whom I love. Thanks so much for visiting, Denia, and thank you very much for the book. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen